The 2nd ECPA Conference has taken place in Düsseldorf on May 17th and 18th 2016
The ECPA is pleased to announce that the 2nd ECPA Conference in Dusseldorf was a great success. We were delighted to see so many delegates, 62 in total, during the event at the comfortable surroundings provided by the NH Hotel. The Conference started on 17th May with a welcome cocktail and dinner combined with informal network opportunities. The next day, on 18th May, the common trends and challenges in the co-packers market were discussed during the various speaker slots and parallel sessions. Overall the event was rated with a 3,9 out of 5!
Thanks to the energetic moderator skills of Matt Beadle, the day's moderator, the day ran smoothly and to time. The event was opened by ECPA Chairman Peter Nieuwkerk, who gave an overview of the progress made by ECPA over the last year and the improved ECPA website traffic. Hereafter followed the speaker slots and parallel sessions, all on different topics regarding co-packing, alternated with short breaks and a delicious lunch, giving the delegate's time to network. At the end of the day, multiple experts shared their minds on the topic "Can Co-packers Influence the decision making process and if yes, how?" during the Roundtable meeting, chaired by Mark van der Burgt of Vetipak.
During the Conference there were four speaker slots, which were overall rated with a 3,8 out of 5 by the delegates. Below you can find the various speakers and their topics, and most of the presentations that were given (These can be downloaded till 31st July):
• Jay Gouliard (ex. Unilever) was first up and delivered a very interesting presentation on ‘How Co-Packers and Brand Owners can work together to accelerate Packaging Innovation’.
• Filip Weymans of Xeikon was the second speaker of the day, giving information on how Digital printing can be used to add value to packaging.
• Joey Kelly, a hero from the world of Extreme Sports, gave the audience an entertaining presentation on the topic ‘No Limits, How to achieve your goal!’
• Philip Juhellé (ex. DE Masterblenders 1753) provided the delegates with useful tips on what to remember when negotiating with blue chip companies or indeed any situation where negotiation is necessary.
During the day, delegates were given the opportunity to choose two out of four parallel sessions in order to create extra added value per individual. Below you can find the various parallel sessions, and (if available) the corresponding presentations (These can be downloaded till 31st July):
• CSI gave an overview on robotisation and the benefits for Co-Packers in production.
• American Express delivered a useful talk on Financial solutions for the supply chain.
• GBO Innovation makers focused on Innovative Packaging design and Development.
• Parts on Demand informed delegates about the latest "Opportunities for 3D Printing in the world of contract packing".
2016 ECPA Co-Packing Report
Peter Nieuwkerk also announced the release of the 2016 ECPA Co-Packing Report which was made available to all the delegates. Anybody wishing to obtain a copy of this report can now send an e-mail to email@example.com at a member rate of €100,- or a non-member rate of €150,-.
Click here for a preview of the ECPA Market Report 2016!
The final act of the day was to thank Jan Spiering of Kompak Co-Making and Co-Packing for his dedicated service as board member to ECPA. Jan was a founder member of ECPA and Peter Nieuwkerk made a speech extending the thanks of the ECPA members to him for his input and time over the past years. Again we would like to express our gratitude for all that Jan has done for the ECPA.
Of course we would also like to thank all the sponsors and delegates for their attendance and making the event such a success. We hope to see you again at the next ECPA event!
This event was sponsored by i.a.: